FOR SERIOUS, heavy-duty TOWING
Blackhawk 2... Roadmaster's strongest tow bar easily handles vehicles up to 10,000 lbs. It is more than enough muscle to tow Suburbans, Hummers, Excursions and full-size pickups. If you are looking for a tough, long-lasting, high-capacity tow bar, this is it.
See the benefits of the BlackHawk All-Terrain 2 tow bar:
The Blackhawk2 All-Terrain is engineered, tested and manufactured to the highest standards. It weighs just 38 pounds, yet pulls up to five tons. This is accomplished through the use of thick wall tubing and computer aided engineering. Roadmaster uses steel and stainless steel at every critical point to ensure superior strength and structural integrity. The Blackhawk 2 is easy to connect. Its stainless steel inner arms telescope, center and automatically lock as you pull away. Once you've reached your destination, a patented storage lock secures it in the stored position without the need of pins or clips.
The Blackhawk 2 has built in channels for routing and supporting the safety cables and power cord (sold separately). It makes for a clean, uncluttered appearance as you don't have to wrap them around the tow bar to prevent dragging. Beyond its many performance features, the Blackhawk has a durable, baked-on powder coat finish. This tow bar exemplifies Roadmaster’s highest standards.
- Made in the USA. The Blackhawk is designed, engineered and manufactured at our plant in Vancouver, Washington. Virtually every process is done under the same roof. We make all of the parts and pieces that make the final product. When we say, 'we made it,' that's because it is truly made by American workers who are part of the Roadmaster family.
- Non-binding arms make disconnecting so much quicker and easier. When the car is at a sharp angle to the motorhome, or when the vehicles are on uneven ground, most tow bars will bind up and can be very difficult and time consuming to release. It usually takes two people to disconnect a bound tow bar. One in the car and one at the release levers. Blackhawk's non-binding arms make disconnecting a simple, one person operation that can be done in seconds.
- Telescoping arms are lightweight and easy to maneuver. Simply pin them to your baseplate and drive your motorhome away. The arms will automatically extend and center for towing.
- The large hook-up radius means you don’t waste time lining up your towed vehicle. You can’t say this about many things in life but in this case, close is good enough!
- Self-lubricating bushings eliminate friction between the inner and outer arms for smooth, easy operation. Other tow bars have steel riding on steel causing wear and failure over time.
- Locking storage latch. Simply fold the Blackhawk towards the motorhome and the storage latch will click, automatically locking it in place. When you’re ready to tow, just raise the tow bar and press the storage latch to release it. No pins or clips to hassle with or lose.
- Channel guides. The safety cables and power cord are both routed through the built-in channel guides for protection against damage and dragging. The guides provide a clean, uncluttered look. There’s no need to wrap the cables or the power cord around the tow bar.
- Motorhome-mounted. When you reach your destination, the Blackhawk conveniently stores out of the way on the back of the motorhome.
- No ball mount to drag. The Blackhawk mounts directly into a 2-inch receiver hitch. No ball mount required.
- Solid stainless steel inner arms for smooth, trouble-free operation and easy maintenance. Stainless steel looks better, lasts longer and prevents corrosion that binds — Roadmaster tow bars are the most rust-free in the industry.
- A lustrous, high-tech powder coat finish for maximum durability. This finish exceeds all 500-hour salt spray, high-impact and extreme weather standards. Electrically charged particles of pigment are sprayed onto the surface of the tow bar, then baked at more than 400 degrees. The paint fuses to the metal. The result is a uniform, thick and extremely durable finish — three times stronger than solvent-based paint.
- Strength and ruggedness. Exceptional engineering and testing have earned Blackhawk's designation as Roadmaster's strongest tow bar and it weighs only 38 lbs.
FEA shows material weakness under stress, informing a better design.
Roadmaster was the first tow bar manufacturer to use computerized testing — as well as real world physical testing — to ensure structural integrity, longevity, and the safety of your family. Roadmaster’s computerized testing method is called FEA, which stands for Finite Element Analysis. FEA is the same method NASA, General Motors and Boeing use for testing.
Every FEA design is displayed as a full-scale, three-dimensional object, which engineers can rotate and study on the screen as they apply thousands of pounds of force across the load-bearing components. Stress in the aluminum or steel is pinpointed, and the design is manipulated to remove it. The result is a safe, trouble-free, long lasting product.
Freedom Latch™ non-binding technology
No more binding! (or skinned knuckles, or “#%?#^@?*!!!”)
If everything has to align perfectly to release your tow bar, ask yourself this question: why are you making life easy on your tow bar? Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Unless you have Freedom Latches, your locks will frequently bind, making disconnecting your tow bar a real pain. A patented cam design inside the Freedom Latch transforms linear motion into rotary motion at a 400-to-1 ratio — five pounds of force against the latch equals 2,000 pounds of force against the lock. So you’ll never have to align your towed vehicle and motorhome to release the tow bar — the Freedom Latch releases the tow bar at any angle or bind — first time, every time. No other tow bar manufacturer offers this feature.
See the benefit of non-binding features in this video from The RV Geeks:
The 422 is a Blackhawk 2 All-Terrain Tow Bar that fits Roadmaster baseplates.
The 427 is a Blackhawk 2 All-Terrain Tow Bar that fits Blue Ox baseplates.
The 055-3 is a Blackhawk Tow Bar Cover.
The 9243-3 is a Combo Kit with coiled safety cables and straight power cord.
The 910021-00 is a Crossbar (not included but required if using this tow bar with crossbar-style baseplates).
View the owner's manual and installation instructions
Read what our customers say about this product...
"Roadmaster products are superior to any others on the market, and the service after the sale is beyond expectation — complete inspections and repairs are normal at rallies such as FMCA. This is RV equipment that, once purchased, will continue to provide years of safe, dependable service.”
— Bud Richards, Brownsville, Texas