Even Brake ... Even Safer!
Even Brake is the ultimate portable, proportional towed vehicle braking system. It automatically increases or decreases braking pressure in direct proportion to the motorhome.
In other words, it brakes evenly — at the same time, and at the same intensity, as you brake the motorhome.
Proportional braking is a distinct advantage over "on-or-off" systems, which brake at one preset level, no matter how hard the motorhome stops. Even Brake delivers full emergency braking when you need it, and won’t cause excessive brake wear when you don’t. Nobody brakes the same way every time — and neither does Even Brake.
Easy as 1 - 2 - 3 to connect!
Step 1 — Position Even Brake between seat and brake pedal. Adjust the Even Brake pedal clamp over brake pedal.
Step 2 — Slide the driver’s seat up to Even Brake.
Step 3 — Plug in the wiring harness cord, the power cord, and press the Test button. Ready...Set...Tow!Exclusive Features
- Full-time proportional braking — proportional braking is even braking — your towed vehicle’s brakes respond to your motorhome’s brakes, at the same time and at the same intensity.
- Constant self-diagnostic testing — Even Brake monitors its own performance constantly, and any change in system status is transmitted to the motorhome monitor. Even Brake is the only supplemental braking system that checks itself, so you don’t have to — a glance at the monitor assures you that Even Brake is fully operational.
- ‘Power Save’ low battery protection — Even Brake warns you of a low battery in the towed vehicle with LED and LCD alerts at the motorhome monitor, giving you time to recharge the battery. If the battery’s voltage drops too low, Even Brake goes into sleep mode, while retaining emergency braking power.
- 'Terrain-Sensing Logic' — Even Brake adjusts itself to uphill or downhill grades, and to rough terrain, by automatically leveling itself. Because it's always level, Even Brake always brakes with maximum efficiency.
- Automatic brake protection — the monitor alerts you of an extended period of continuous braking, then Even Brake releases braking pressure to avoid excessive wear on the towed vehicle's brakes.
- Easily adjusts to individual braking preferences — adjust braking force and sensitivity at the touch of a button.
- On-board memory — even when unplugged, Even Brake will remember your adjustment settings and will automatically level itself.
- Completely portable — easily transfer from vehicle to vehicle without expensive labor fees; connects and disconnects in seconds.
- Automatically delivers maximum braking pressure in an emergency or a break away situation — Even Brake works the most when you need it the most.
- Small and lightweight — fits in virtually all vehicles, with plenty of "elbow room" under the steering wheel and dash.
- High-capacity air compressor — recovers quicker — ready for the next stop nearly twice as fast as other systems.
- Adjustable brake pedal clamp — fits brake pedals that other systems can't.
- Adjustable monitor lights — bright for daytime driving; dimmer switch allows the monitor lights to be dimmed for nighttime driving.
- Four independently adjustable feet — for a stable platform in vehicles with uneven floors.
Even Brake’s monitor gives you complete, continuous braking information — at a glance.
Even Brake stays in constant communication with the motorhome, and with you. It reports any braking activity, or a change in system status, to a wireless monitor in the motorhome.
The monitor SHOWS you:
- An LED display across the top of the monitor illuminates when Even Brake is applying the brakes, or if there is any change in the braking system. The LED display is a quick, visual reference — a green, yellow or red light.
- Simultaneously, an LCD text message directly below the LED explains the current braking condition, in complete detail.
The monitor TELLS you:
- In addition to the LED display and the LCD text message, an audio tone will alert you to an emergency braking condition.
The 9400 is an Even Brake suppemental braking system.
Why do I need supplemental brakes?
Review the weight limits for towing in North America
Even Brake Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Even Brake article in Motorhome Magazine
Comparison chart for all Roadmaster braking systems
Features comparison chart for Even Brake vs. the leading competitor
See all braking systems media
Read what our customers say about this product...
"The front tire on our 40-foot motorhome blew out and we hit the guard rail at about 60 mph, which knocked out the fuse box and all electronics, including the brakes. We had no ABS.
We were pretty lucky to be towing with an Even Brake. Even Brake kicked in on the motorhome's deceleration and brought the motorhome and our family truck to a controlled stop along the guard rail. I was amazed at how fast we stopped.”
— B. McGinnis, Drexel Hill, PA