Invisibrake is a revolutionary innovation in supplemental braking.
Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Nil. That's what you have to do to connect and disconnect InvisiBrake.
There's nothing to take in and out of your towed vehicle and there's nothing to push, pull, set, adjust, activate or deactivate.
What could be easier than nothing at all?
What is InvisiBrake?
InvisiBrake is a fully-automatic supplemental braking system that uses the electrical connections already in place on your towed vehicle (the towed vehicle's electrical harness) to brake when you brake the motorhome — the same electrical signal that activates the towed vehicle's brake lights also activates InvisiBrake.
Invisibrake Features and Benefits:
- Completely out of sight — InvisiBrake is so small (8" x 8" x 2") it can usually be mounted under the driver's seat, under the rear seat, behind interior panels or in the trunk, without sacrificing any of the vehicle's usable space.
- Set-it-and-forget-it braking — Once it's installed, InvisiBrake just works. There's nothing for you to remember — not even an on switch. Just plug in the umbilical cord like you always do and you're ready to go!
- Charges your battery while towing — InvisiBrake connects directly to the towed vehicle's battery and trickle-charges the battery during towing — InvisiBrake will never drain the battery.
- Two-stage motorhome monitor — InvisiBrake includes an LED monitor for a visual reference of braking activity; an audible alert at the motorhome will warn you if the brakes have been on for too long.
- Activates only when the motorhome's brake lights illuminate — no false braking!
- Energizes your power brakes — most braking systems work on a 'dead' brake pedal. InvisiBrake energizes your power brakes so that you have the same power braking system while towing as you do while driving.
- Works in virtually any towed vehicle with vacuum-powered brakes — including hybrids and those with 'active' (or 'continuous power assist') braking systems. To see if InvisiBrake works with your vehicle, visit Fitmaster and enter your vehicle's information.
- Includes an emergency break away system
- Easily adjusts to individual braking preferences — braking pressure is adjustable from 5 to 100 psi.
- Meets U.S. and Canadian braking requirements
View the InvisiBrake owner's manual
View the InvisiBrake installation instructions
The 8700 is an InvisiBrake supplemental braking system that includes a two-stage motorhome monitor and a Brakeaway system.
The 98700 is a Reinstallation Kit for second vehicles.
The 98850 is a Reinstallation Kit for second motorhomes.
Why do I need supplemental brakes?
Invisibrake wiring schematics
Review the weight limits for towing in North America
InvisiBrake Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Comparison chart for all Roadmaster braking systems
Features comparison chart for InvisiBrake vs. the leading competitor
See all braking systems media
Controller Size — 8¾" x 8¾" x 2¾"
Voltage — 12 volts DC
Fuse size — 20 amp
Operating temperature range — 2° to +150° F (-19° to +66° C)
Maximum amperage draw — 10.8 amps
Idle amperage draw — 6mA
Battery recharging rate — up to 2 amps
Approximate maximum air pressure — 100 psi
READ WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT THIS PRODUCT...
'My bus and car work together beautifully. The Invisibrake and All-Terrain tow bar system look and perform great. They are easy to hook up and break down ... thank you for inventing a great braking system; it is a big winner for Roadmaster and customers.'
—D. Renner, Goldendale, WA
Braking systems overview video