Easy-to-use, non-binding tow bar
Falcon All-Terrain is our lowest-priced tow bar that incorporates Roadmaster's patented non-binding technology. If you are looking for a durable, feature-rich tow bar that doesn't break the bank, this is it.
See all of the benefits of the Falcon All-Terrain tow bar:
The Falcon All-Terrain is engineered, tested and manufactured to the highest standards. It weighs just 38 pounds, yet pulls up to three tons. Roadmaster uses steel and stainless steel at every critical point to ensure superior strength and structural integrity. The Falcon is easy to connect. Its stainless steel inner arms telescope, center and automatically lock as you pull away. Once you've reached your destination, a patented storage lock secures it in the stored position without the need of pins or clips.
The Falcon All-Terrain has built in channels for routing and supporting the safety cables and power cord (sold separately). It makes for a clean, uncluttered appearance as you don't have to wrap them around the tow bar to prevent dragging. Beyond its many performance features, the Falcon has a durable, baked-on powder-coated finish. This tow bar exemplifies Roadmaster’s highest standards.
- Made in the USA. The Falcon All Terrain is designed, engineered and manufactured at our plant in Vancouver, Washington. Virtually every process is done under the same roof. We make all of the parts and pieces that make the final product. When we say, 'we made it,' that's because it is truly made by American workers who are part of the Roadmaster family.
- Non-binding arms make disconnecting so much quicker and easier. When the car is at a sharp angle to the motorhome, or when the vehicles are on uneven ground, most tow bars will bind up and can be very difficult and time consuming to release. It usually takes two people to disconnect a bound tow bar — one in the car and one at the release levers. Falcon's non-binding arms make disconnecting a simple, one person operation that can be done in seconds.
- Telescoping arms are lightweight and easy to maneuver. Simply pin them to your baseplate and drive your motorhome away. The arms will automatically extend and center for towing.
- The large hook-up radius means you don’t waste time lining up your towed vehicle. You can’t say this about many things in life but in this case, close is good enough!
- Self-lubricating bushings eliminate friction between the inner and outer arms for smooth, easy operation. Other tow bars have steel riding on steel causing wear and failure over time.
- Locking storage latch. Simply fold the Falcon towards the motorhome and the storage latch will click, automatically locking it in place. When you’re ready to tow, just raise the tow bar and press the storage latch to release it. No pins or clips to hassle with or lose.
- Channel guides. The safety cables and power cord are both routed through the built-in channel guides for protection against damage and dragging. The guides provide a clean, uncluttered look. There’s no need to wrap the cables or the power cord around the tow bar.
- Motorhome-mounted. When you reach your destination, the Falcon All-Terrain conveniently stores out of the way on the back of the motorhome.
- No ball mount to drag. The Falcon mounts directly into a 2-inch receiver hitch. No ball mount required.
- Solid stainless steel inner arms for smooth, trouble-free operation and easy maintenance. Stainless steel looks better, lasts longer and prevents corrosion that binds — Roadmaster tow bars are the most rust-free in the industry.
- A lustrous, high-tech powder coat finish for maximum durability. This finish exceeds all 500-hour salt spray, high-impact and extreme weather standards. Electrically charged particles of pigment are sprayed onto the surface of the tow bar, then baked at more than 400 degrees. The paint fuses to the metal. The result is a uniform, thick and extremely durable finish — three times stronger than solvent-based paint.
- Time tested and proven. Exceptional engineering and testing have earned Falcon's excellent reputation as a cost effective, easy to use, long lasting, good looking product.
FEA shows material weakness under stress, informing a better design.
Roadmaster was the first tow bar manufacturer to use computerized testing — as well as real world physical testing — to ensure structural integrity, longevity, and the safety of your family. Roadmaster’s computerized testing method is called FEA, which stands for Finite Element Analysis. FEA is the same method NASA, General Motors and Boeing use for testing.
Every FEA design is displayed as a full-scale, three-dimensional object, which engineers can rotate and study on the screen as they apply thousands of pounds of force across the load-bearing components. Stress in the aluminum or steel is pinpointed, and the design is manipulated to remove it. The result is a safe, trouble-free, long lasting product.
Freedom Latch™ non-binding technology
No more tow bar binding! (or skinned knuckles, or “#%?#^@?*!!!”)
If everything has to align perfectly to release your tow bar, ask yourself this question: Why are you making life easy on your tow bar? Shouldn’t it be the other way around? The plain fact is, unless you’ve got a pair of Freedom Latches, your tow bar will eventually bind. And it's going to do it at the worst possible moment. So avoid that whole unpleasant scenario and get a Non-Binding tow bar, like the Falcon All Terrain.
The cam design inside the Freedom Latch transforms linear motion into rotary motion at a 400-to-1 ratio — five pounds of force against the latch equals 2,000 pounds of force against the lock. So you’ll never have to straighten and align your towed vehicle and motorhome to release the tow bar — the Freedom Latch releases the tow bar at any angle or bind — first time, every time. No other tow bar manufacturer makes towing this simple.
See the benefit of Roadmaster's non-binding technology in this video from The RV Geeks:
The 522 is a Falcon All-Terrain Tow Bar that fits Roadmaster baseplates.
The 527 is a Falcon All-Terrain Tow Bar that fits Blue Ox baseplates.
The 055-3 is a Tow Bar Cover.
The 9243-1 is a Combo Kit with coiled safety cables and a straight power cord.
The 910021-00 is a Crossbar (not included but required if using the Sterling with crossbar-style baseplates).
Read what our customers say about this product...
"The front tire on our 40-foot motorhome blew out and we hit the guard rail at about 60 mph, which knocked out the fuse box and all electronics, including the brakes. We had no ABS.
We were pretty lucky to be towing with an Even Brake. Even Brake kicked in on the motorhome's deceleration and brought the motorhome and our family truck to a controlled stop along the guard rail. I was amazed at how fast we stopped.”
— B. McGinnis, Drexel Hill, PA