ATTRACTIVE, LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY TO OPERATE
Sterling All-Terrain... a truly non-binding tow bar made from beautifully-styled aluminum, solid stainless steel inner arms, and integrated cables and power cord. Its patented design is an elegant combination of form and function.
The Sterling All-Terrain is engineered, tested and manufactured to the highest standards. Weighing just 35 pounds, yet capable of pulling up to four tons. A unique eggshell design distributes pressure throughout the tow bar. The use of steel and stainless steel at every critical point provides superior strength and structural integrity. Stainless steel inner arms telescope, center and automatically lock as you pull away. Once you've reached your destination, a patented storage lock automatically secures the tow bar on the back of the RV.
The Sterling All-Terrain comes complete with safety cables and power cord. Both are routed through a center channel for added safety, convenience, and a clean uncluttered appearance. Beyond its many performance features, the Sterling All-Terrain is aesthetically pleasing — its powder-coated finish and sleek design complement both the coach and car. This tow bar exemplifies Roadmaster’s highest standards.
- Made in the USA. The Sterling is designed, engineered and manufactured at our plant in Vancouver, Washington. Virtually every process is done under the same roof. We make all of the parts and pieces that make the final product. When we say, 'we made it,' that's because it is truly made by American workers who are part of the Roadmaster family.
- Non-binding arms make disconnecting much quicker and easier. When the car is at a sharp angle to the motorhome, or when the vehicles are on uneven ground, most tow bars will bind up and can be very difficult and time consuming to release. It usually takes two people to disconnect a bound tow bar. One in the car and one at the release levers. Sterling's non-binding arms make disconnecting a simple, one person operation that can be done in seconds.
- Telescoping arms are lightweight and easy to maneuver. Simply pin them to your baseplate and drive your motorhome away. The arms will automatically extend, center and lock for towing.
- The largest hook-up radius in the industry means you don’t waste time lining up your towed vehicle. You can’t say this about many things in life but connecting the Sterling All-Terrain is just like horseshoes — “close” is good enough!
- Self-lubricating polyurethane bushings eliminate friction between the inner and outer arms for smooth, easy operation. Other tow bars have steel riding on steel causing wear and failure over time.
- Locking storage latch. Simply fold the Sterling All-Terrain towards the motorhome and the storage latch will click, automatically locking it in place. When you’re ready to tow, just lift the tow bar up and press the storage latch to release the lock. No storage pins to lose.
- Channel guides. The safety cables and power cord are both routed through the built-in channel guides for protection against damage or dragging. The guides provide a clean, uncluttered look. There’s no need to wrap the cables or the power cord around the tow bar.
- Motorhome-mounted. When you reach your destination, the Sterling All-Terrain conveniently stores out of the way on the back of the motorhome.
- No ball mount to drag. The Sterling All-Terrain mounts directly into a 2-inch receiver hitch. No ball mount needed.
- Solid stainless steel inner arms for smooth, trouble-free operation and easy maintenance. Stainless steel looks better, lasts longer and prevents corrosion that binds — Roadmaster tow bars are the most rust-free in the industry.
- A lustrous, high-tech powder coat finish for maximum durability. This finish exceeds all 500-hour salt spray, high-impact and extreme weather standards. In this process, charged particles of pigment are sprayed onto the surface of the tow bar, then baked at more than 400 degrees. The paint fuses to the metal, resulting in a uniform, thick and extremely durable finish — three times stronger than solvent-based paint.
- Strength, in spades. A unique eggshell design distributes pressure throughout the tow bar, making the Sterling All-Terrain the world's strongest aluminum tow bar.
- Includes safety cables and power cord
- 6- to 7-wire power cord. The 7-wire plug matches industry standard RV socket wiring.
- Safety cables — for quick connect and disconnect. Coiled on one end to accommodate drop hitches and extensions. 8,000 lb. per pair rating.
- Heavy-duty, drop-forged steel hooks with spring-loaded latches connect the cables to the motorhome. A vinyl coating prevents the cables from scratching or chipping the tow bar.
FEA shows material weakness under stress, informing a better design.
Roadmaster was the first tow bar manufacturer to use computerized testing — as well as real world physical testing — to ensure structural integrity, longevity, and the safety of your family. Roadmaster’s computerized testing method is called FEA, which stands for Finite Element Analysis. FEA is the same method NASA, General Motors and Boeing use for testing.
Every FEA design is displayed as a full-scale, three-dimensional object, which engineers can rotate and study on the screen as they apply thousands of pounds of force across the load-bearing components. Stress in the aluminum or steel is pinpointed, and the design is manipulated to remove it. The result is a safe, trouble-free, long lasting product.
Freedom Latch™ non-binding technology
No more binding! (or skinned knuckles, or “#%?#^@?*!!!”)
If everything has to align perfectly to release your tow bar, ask yourself this question: why are you making life easy on your tow bar? Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Unless you have Freedom Latches, your locks will frequently bind, making disconnecting your tow bar a real pain. A patented cam design inside the Freedom Latch transforms linear motion into rotary motion at a 400-to-1 ratio — five pounds of force against the latch equals 2,000 pounds of force against the lock. So you’ll never have to align your towed vehicle and motorhome to release the tow bar — the Freedom Latch releases the tow bar at any angle or bind — first time, every time. No other tow bar manufacturer offers this feature.
See the benefit of non-binding features in this video from The RV Geeks:
The 576 is a Sterling All-Terrain tow bar with 8,000 lb. capacity. It includes safety cables, power cord and matching 6 way electrical socket.
The 586 is a Sterling All-Terrain tow bar that fits Blue Ox baseplates. It includes safety cables, power cord and matching 6 way electrical socket.
The 055-3 is a Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar Cover.
The 9284-2 is a Sterling All-Terrain Combo Kit includes many accessories.
The 910021-00 is a Crossbar Kit (not included but required if using the Sterling with crossbar-style baseplates).
Read what our customers say about this product...
“I'm writing to let you know what a fantastic and safe product you have. I was parked in a truck stop with my car attached to my RV by your Sterling tow bar. A semi-trailer backed up, apparently not realizing my car was behind him, and slowly pushed my car onto the back bumper of my motorhome. Your tow bar never bent, but held my car above the bumper of the motorhome. When I walked back to see my car, the front wheels were three feet off the ground and the tow bar was holding it up! The tow truck slowly pulled my car backwards until the front end dropped. The integrity of the whole system stayed intact and I was able to tow my car (although the back end was pushed in) to a safer place to park. The police officer who took my statement couldn't believe the strength of your system. Thanks for the great product! It certainly made a bad situation a whole lot better!”
—J. Miller, Cedarville, NJ