The World's First Illuminated Towbar
Nighthawk... a truly non-binding tow bar made from beautifully-styled aluminum and featuring embedded LED lights along each arm that illuminate with the RV's lights for increased safety.
What was once the darkest portion of your towing system is now easily visible to other drivers, and also visible when it comes time to disconnect. Includes internally-routed safety cables and power cord, solid stainless steel inner arms and a heavy-duty 8,000 lb. capacity.
Nighthawk is a next generation tow bar crafted from raw steel and aluminum into the finest tow bar on the planet.
See the benefits of the Nighthawk:
Exclusive design features:
- Non-binding Freedom Latch — easiest tow bar in the industry to use and disconnect.
- Longest tow bar arms ever produced for superior towing and stability, while providing the largest hook-up radius in the industry.
- Aluminum outer arms, solid stainless steel inner arms and baked-on powder-coat finish shield against corrosion.
- Enclosed channel for power cords and safety cables keeps things tidy, secure and protected.
- Safety cables and power cord — Nighthawk comes with both and each are coiled to accommodate deep drop hitches and extension hitches
- Nylatron bushings — eliminate metal-on-metal friction for less wear and long life.
- Extruded design — incorporates channels to route safety cables and power cord.
Strength, in spades
A unique eggshell design distributes pressure throughout the tow bar, making the Nighthawk the world's strongest aluminum tow bar.
Freedom Latch™ non-binding technology
No more binding! (or skinned knuckles, or “#%?#^@?*!!!”)
If everything has to align perfectly to release your tow bar, ask yourself this question: why are you making life easy on your tow bar? Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Unless you have Freedom Latches, your locks will frequently bind, making disconnecting your tow bar a real pain. A patented cam design inside the Freedom Latch transforms linear motion into rotary motion at a 400-to-1 ratio — five pounds of force against the latch equals 2,000 pounds of force against the lock. So you’ll never have to align your towed vehicle and motorhome to release the tow bar — the Freedom Latch releases the tow bar at any angle or bind — first time, every time. No other tow bar manufacturer offers this feature.
See the benefit of non-binding features in this video from The RV Geeks:
Includes safety cables and power cord
- The safety cables allow extra reach on the coiled end, while the straight portion routes through the tow bar for a clean, professional appearance.
- Heavy-duty, drop-forged steel hooks with spring-loaded latches connect the cables at the motorhome. A vinyl coating prevents the cables from scratching or chipping the tow bar.
- The power cord is prewired and pre-installed on the tow bar. It has a standard 7 way plug to connect to the motorhome and a 6-wire plug to connect to the towed vehicle. And, like the safety cables, it routes through the tow bar AND has a coiled portion for accommodating drop hitches and extensions.
- The power cord energizes the built in LED light strips for safety. Nobody will accidentally merge in behind your RV. And early in the morning, or late in the evening these same lights illuminate the area for easy hook up or disconnect.
FEA shows material weakness under stress, informing a better design.
Roadmaster was the first towing products manufacturer to use computerized testing — as well as “real world” physical testing — to ensure structural integrity, longevity, and the safety of your family. Roadmaster’s computerized testing method is called “FEA,” which stands for “Finite Element Analysis.”
If that sounds complicated, that’s because it is — FEA is the same method NASA scientists use to test their new designs. The automotive, architectural and biomedical industries, among others, also use finite elemental analysis.
Every FEA design is displayed as a full-scale, three-dimensional object, which engineers can rotate and study on the screen as they apply thousands of pounds of force across the load-bearing components. Stress in the steel is pinpointed, and the design is manipulated to remove it. The result is an optimized design, in both materials and components, which has been tested and verified at maximum linear strain.
The 676 is a Nighthawk tow bar with 8,000 lb. capacity. It includes safety cables, power cord and matching 6 way electrical socket.
The 677 is a Nighthawk tow bar with 8,000 lb. capacity and fits Blue Ox baseplates. It includes cables, power cord and matching 6 way electrical socket.
The 055-3 is a Tow Bar Cover for the Nighthawk.
The 9284-2 is a Combo Kit for the Nighthawk.
The 910021-00 is a Crossbar kit (not included but required if using the Nighthawk with crossbar-style baseplates).
Read what our customers say about this product...
"After more than 20 years of full-time RVing, we trust our Roadmaster tow bar to keep our car safe and secure behind our motorhome. It's built like a tank, and incredibly quick and easy to connect and disconnect at any angle.”
— P. Knize & J. Sullivan, British Columbia, Canada